COMPREHENSIVE HEALING PROGRAM
Tired of feeling like you’re just surviving instead of really living? Feel like you’ve tried everything yet have no resolution of your issues? Don’t want to take another medication? Want validation that what you feel IS real? Are you ready to be heard? You are not alone. I have seen hundreds of patients that have said these statements at their first visit.
It’s time to move away from “a pill for every ill” approach. If you want solutions to get your health and your life back, you need individualized assessment and care, designed just for you. There is no one else in the world that has the same history, genetics, lifestyle and health profile that you have.
You don’t have to have digestive symptoms to have a digestive disorder. Unbalanced digestion is the root of most chronic illness. Symptoms are not always related to the location that they are associated with. For example, if you have asthma, the root cause may not be in the lungs. This could be from a systemic imbalance in your gut. This is because 70% of our immune systems is in the gut. If this tissue is not healthy it can affect any part of the body. Also, without a healthy, well-functioning digestive tract, free of digestive problems, even the best dietary habits will do you little good as your body struggles to metabolize the essential nutrients in your food. The fact is, if you cannot fully assimilate what you eat, you will invariably experience disease and unnecessary suffering regardless of any other measures taken towards maintaining and improving your health.
Unhealthy digestion leads to an unhealthy life. Healthy digestion leads to a healthy life. It’s usually that simple.
The following conditions typically have root causes in the gut.
|GI conditions||Other conditions|
|constipation||weight gain or loss|
|IBD – Inflammatory bowel disease||eczema/rosacea/acne|
|ulcerative colitis||autoimmune conditions|
|short bowel syndrome||anxiety/depression|
Unfortunately, these conditions are typically treated with medications that only address the symptoms and ignore the underlying cause. When patients don’t see relief, medications get increased or more get added. I call this lazy medicine. Correcting digestive imbalances is critical to resolving chronic health issues and this is not done with one visit and it is not done with a pill.
FIND THE ROOT CAUSE
Identifying the underlying issues takes some digging but the practitioner may not have the time to dig deeper or they may not have the know-how. Part of this problem can be the insurance company’s fault. Many insurance companies dictate how the practitioner practices medicine. They may limit the time a practitioner can even spend with a patient and you cannot do much digging in 15 minutes.
Thankfully, this is not the case with dietitians.
I have developed a 4 month comprehensive program designed to:
- Get to the root cause of your illness.
- Take steps to reverse the problem & symptoms naturally.
- Heal & get your life back.
- Teach you how to care for your body so this never happens again.
I have been in private practice for 11 years and I have found that it takes, on average, 4 months to identify the root cause and reverse the issues. This includes tests that need to be ordered, changes in diet & lifestyle, monitoring symptoms, supplements if necessary, etc. I have also found that people with chronic disorders need to stay in contact with me a lot more often compared to other patients because it is something they deal with on a daily basis and effects their quality of life on a daily basis.
The Healing Program takes all of this into account. It has been the accumulation of time, experience and education that has allowed me to create this comprehensive program. This program is designed to narrow down the problem quickly. The testing is all done up front so we have a big picture to work from.
The program includes:
- 4 one-on-one visits with me (initial visit 90 minutes + 3 follow-up visits 45 min-1 hour). I will dive deep into your health challenges to solve the issues. Each appointment is long enough to get your questions answered.
Specialized lab testing
- Food sensitivity testing – (95 of the most common foods)- Many people have food sensitivities that they are unaware of. Removing these foods is important at the beginning stages to reduce inflammation.
- Comprehensive stool culture & parasitology testing – The comprehensive stool culture tells us if there are beneficial substances that are missing from your intestines or if there is an overgrowth of any pathogenic bacteria or yeast/fungus or parasites. It also tells us how efficient your intestines are digesting and absorbing nutrients and if there is any inflammation and which type it is.
- Micronutrient testing – Micronutrient testing measures how micronutrients are actually functioning within your white blood cells and identifies any deficiencies. These tests allow nutritional assessment for a broad variety of clinical conditions, general wellness and the prevention of chronic diseases including arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular risk, diabetes, various immunological disorders and metabolic disorders.
- Body composition analysis at every visit – This gives us a comprehensive print out and not only shows us your weight but breaks down that number into water, fat and muscle so we can see changes over time.
- Support when you need it – Your questions or concerns can be answered in between visits via text messaging/email.
Medical records review
- Prior to your initial visit I go through all of your labs, test results and doctor’s notes so I have a good understanding of what has been tested, what has been ruled out and what you have already been through. Depending on the amount of records I receive this usually takes 30-60 minutes before I ever meet you.
**This is an all-inclusive package and substitutions cannot be made.
**Insurance does not cover this program but you can use your HSA card to pay for this service. Payments types accepted: Visa, Master Card, AMEX, Discover, HSA cards, cash and checks.
No, we no longer take health insurance. We can provide you with a superbill that you can submit to your health insurance company for reimbursement.
We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, HSA cards, checks and cash.
No, we only see adults 18 and over.
A registered dietitian is a nutrition expert that has met the minimum academic and professional requirements to qualify for the credential “RDN”. Those minimum requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree in nutrition from an accredited university.
- Complete an accredited supervised internship (9 months to 1 year).
- Pass a national exam.
- Complete continuing education requirements to maintain registration.
There are no requirements to be a nutritionist. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist.
A registered dietitian that is trained to identify and address the root cause of a disease and treats the whole system, not just the symptoms. Functional medicine involves understanding the origins, prevention, and treatment of complex, chronic disease. A functional medicine practitioner views the body as one integrated system, not a collection of independent organs divided up by medical specialties
Gastrointestinal disorders and disease of the gut microbiome such as autoimmune diseases (RA, MS, Hashimoto’s etc.), thyroid disorders, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s, IBS, celiac, weight gain/weight loss, eczema, psoriasis, migraines, leaky gut.
No, we only schedule on weekdays.
Yes but only in certain situations. Our administrative assistant can give you more information.
We offer food sensitivity testing, comprehensive stool testing and micronutrient testing.