YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU EAT – YOU ARE WHAT YOU ABSORB
THIS WORKSHOP IS A TWO HOUR INTENSIVE TRAINING
WE WILL COVER:
- The anatomy of the gut- this is important in understanding how the digestive system works and what can go wrong.
- The very latest information on the microbiome & leaky gut/intestinal permeabilitylearn how your microbiome impacts virtually every aspect of health; from mental health and cognitive function to chronic disease, weight gain and autoimmune diseases. (see below).
- How to finally eliminate IBS symptoms, naturally via lifestyle & diet.
- Typical causes of your digestive problems and causes that will surprise you.
- Diseases/conditions that can manifest from an unhealthy gut but are not typically thought of as a gut condition.
- Symptoms that you probably have but never knew were related to the intestines.
- What you can tell about your health by looking at your bowel movements.
- How the health of your intestines affects your weight. Yes, your gut health affects the way you loose or gain weight.
- Food sensitivities and diet: their role in your GI issues, inflammation & overall
- How to start the healing process & start seeing results.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET
- A 2-hour instruction by a registered dietitian that specializes in gastrointestinal conditions.
- Food sensitivity testing- This is a blood draw that will test your blood for 95 of the most common food sensitivities. This is not a food allergy test. This is the most important first step in identifying & resolving your underlying issues.
- Blood draw- A phlebotomist will be on site to draw your blood.
- A 90 minute one-on-one appointment with the dietitian. This will be scheduled 3-4 weeks after the workshop as the results take about 3 weeks. Your results will be reviewed at your appointment and the dietitian will create a plan for you to follow based on your labs, symptoms, diagnoses, etc.
This class is held during most people’s dinner time. Feel free to bring your dinner or snack and eat during the class.
**If you plan to bring someone with you and they are not participating in this program, they must pay $98 lecture fee. This must be paid before attending.
The following diseases/symptoms are known to manifest in an unhealthy gut microbiome:
- Autoimmune: Hashimotos, Grave’s, thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, celiac disease, Crohn’s
- Anxiety/depression/ ADHD
- Weight gain/obesity
- Food sensitivities
- Eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, cystic acne
- IBD-ulcerative colitis
- Heart Disease
- Insulin resistance
- Colon cancer
- Chronic sinus infections
- Adrenal fatigue
No, we no longer take health insurance. We can provide you with a superbill that you can submit to your health insurance company for reimbursement.
We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, HSA cards, checks and cash.
No, we only see adults 18 and over.
A registered dietitian is a nutrition expert that has met the minimum academic and professional requirements to qualify for the credential “RDN”. Those minimum requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree in nutrition from an accredited university.
- Complete an accredited supervised internship (9 months to 1 year).
- Pass a national exam.
- Complete continuing education requirements to maintain registration.
There are no requirements to be a nutritionist. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist.
A registered dietitian that is trained to identify and address the root cause of a disease and treats the whole system, not just the symptoms. Functional medicine involves understanding the origins, prevention, and treatment of complex, chronic disease. A functional medicine practitioner views the body as one integrated system, not a collection of independent organs divided up by medical specialties
Gastrointestinal disorders and disease of the gut microbiome such as autoimmune diseases (RA, MS, Hashimoto’s etc.), thyroid disorders, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s, IBS, celiac, weight gain/weight loss, eczema, psoriasis, migraines, leaky gut.
No, we only schedule on weekdays.
Yes but only in certain situations. Our administrative assistant can give you more information.
We offer food sensitivity testing, comprehensive stool testing and micronutrient testing.